Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Imporance of The Perfect Match

This week I spent a night having taco night with two old friends…we had some fantastic carne aside tacos (Trader Joes you sure know your business with spiced meat!), a couple of bottles of wine and sat down to write a friends online dating profile. In this day and age it’s hard to find someone over the age of 25 who hasn’t tried online dating. At 25 I would have thought it creepy and desperate to troll the internet looking for my perfect match… at 31 I think it’s one of the few ways in which you can actually find your perfect match. And I’m not ashamed to say I too have tried online dating in my single years, and maybe not to too much success- but I always had a good time and it’s all about increasing your odds. The more you play the dating game the more likely you are to find that perfect match. And so we sat there, 3 women over the age of 30 and wrote an online profile. During that time we talking a lot about dating, what we all want in a relationship, want in a man, wanted for that first date… and it got me a little nostalgic for that time in a relationship when you have those first date butterflies… when you believe that maybe this guy will be the one. They laughed at me, and stated of course I can be nostalgic because there I was in one of the few healthy relationships they know. And it’s true. I do enjoy looking back on dating life with rose colored glasses remembering that nervous feeling waiting for that first kiss… because the truth of the matter is I have experienced my first last kiss. But no amount of previous butterflies can ever make me smile like I do when I think of that first last kiss… the memory of one summer night on the beach and a lifeguard tower. Or the smile I get when I think of our Valentine’s Day kiss on the beach in the exact same spot a year and a half later. Or when I look at the picture he had framed of us from a wedding last year- caught mid-kiss on the dance floor. Or the huge smile and butterflies I get thinking of that next first kiss we get to have in front of all our family and friends someday… because sometimes a last will open up a lifetime of firsts.

No comments:

Post a Comment